Friday, October 30, 2009

Facebook | Save Massey Theatre

I live about 10 minutes' drive from the Chan Recital Hall at UBC; it's nice, but it's at the end of the earth--well, the western end of Point Grey, anyway. Massey, on the other hand, is in the middle of the urban agglomeration now forming around New West, the Coquitlams, and eastward. It is perfectly pla...ced to serve the arts and artists of our urban region. It makes no sense to pull it down. It makes lots of sense to renovate the thing, as necessary.My grandchildren have danced in the Massey. I've heard several recitals in it. My wife and I have seen musical theatre in it. It works. It should be kept.

William A. Bruneau, Professor of History (retired), UBC
Facebook | Save Massey Theatre
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment